Eng. Antonio Licu
Eng. Antonio Licu is the leader of AirNav Board, a Think Tank consisting of high graduates of the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, personalities of the field, professionally established in international organizations, such as ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), EUROCONTROL, Jeppesen – Boeing, General Electric or Learjet Corporation. This Think Tank delivered a pragmatic and modern curriculum for the ”Air Navigation – Air Transport Engineering” programs of studies, started in 2009 at the initiative of Dean Prof. dr. ing. Virgil Stanciu.
Antonio Licu works for over 11 years in Eurocontrol, Bruxelles as Head of European Safety Programme and then as Head of the Aeronautical Safety Department of the Network Manager. In Eurocontrol there is a strong Romanian team of engineers, graduates of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, who contribute to the efficiency of the flights in a most crowded airspace in the world (Eurocontrol countries), maintaining in the same time a peak level of aeronautical safety.
Some biography points:
- Graduate of the National College ”Gheorghe Lazăr” București (1987) and the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, specialization aircraft, line of studies Avionics and On Board Installations (1992)
- Licence of Air Traffic Controller – radar en-route and OJTI (1993)
- Director ATM with the Romanian Civil Aviation Authority (1993-1995)
- Director division ASM with ROMATSA (1996-1997)
- Project Manager for the Operational Department within the ROMATSA Modernization Program (1997-1999)
- Seconded in EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (Bretigny Sur Orge) to run fast-time and real-time simulations (1997, 1999)
- Safety Expert in cadrul Safety Regulation Unit EUROCONTROL – Brussels (1999-2005)
- EUROCONTROL Strategic Safety Action Plan Programme Manager – Brussels (2005-2006)
- EUROCONTROL European Safety Programme for ATM – Programme Manager (2006-presently) – Brussels
- Leadership and Business Management Training
- Advanced Project Management Training
- Lead Safety Auditor training (certificat de UK CAA si EUROCONTROL)
- Radar simulation design training and OJTI training with UK College of ATC – Bornemouth
- People Management with the Danish Leadership Institute (Mannaz – DIEU)
- Courses of Accident and Incident Investigation
- Courses of Safety Management
The Just Culture Concept promoted by Eng. Antonio Licu since 2005 established him as leader if aeronautical safety. He was awarded with Jane’s ATC Award 2005. Just Culture has had a tremendous impact on aviation, as these texts from Fligtht International (2008) illustrate. Antonio Licu also contributed to the SkyBrary project.
According to the Decision of the Board of Directors of the UPB No. 14, from 11.03.2020, during the period 11-31.03.2020 the didactic activities will take place on-line. More details in the course forums at: http://aero.curs.pub.ro
Irish Aviation Authority – 2 job vacancies
Two job vacancies were announced by the Irish Aviation Authority, deadline 10 March 2020. Our graduates have been successful with their application at IAA in the past, so there is some goodwill gathered by our Alumni. <Details>
Student Scientific Session 2020
This year the student scientific session will be held on Friday, May 8, 2020. E. Carafoli Department will organize section 09-01 Aircraft, Propulsion Systems and Air Navigation. N. Tipei Department will organize 09-02 Aviation Equipment, Facilities and Aviation...
Interview România Cultural
After 9 years, tomorrow, 18.02.2020, a new interview will take place with Mr. Conf. Petrișor Valentin Pârvu regarding the activity related to UAVs in the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering. The interview 9 years ago took place at the show Science Cafe, transmitted from...
Invitation to Conference
We are pleased to invite faculty and interested students to attend the International Conference: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENERGY, ENVIRONMENT AND STORAGE OF ENERGY ICEESEN 2020, Kayseri, Turkey Why this conference? relatively small participation fee: 350EUR for...
Elections for student representatives in the University Senate and Faculty Councils
Submission of applications by February 21 The representativeness of the students in the university is an essential component in the management structures. The students are decision-making partners, so the choice of representatives and their active involvement in the...
CATIA Lab 4 – ALTEN Delivery Center Bucharest
ALTEN Delivery Center Bucharest, subsidary of the French Group ALTEN, leader in engineering and technology continues its involvement in the academic community and its support of the new generations of engineers by organizing of a new session of the CATIA Lab,...
Fokker Academy 2020
Fokker Academy was established in March 2017, in the wake of signing the Partnership between UPB Faculty of Aerospace Engineering and GKN Fokker Engineering Romania. In the Fokker Academy, our students learn to design directly from highly experienced engineers,...
ESA: Applications now open for Alpbach Summer School 2020
The 44th edition of the Summer School Alpbach will be held from 14 to 23 July 2020, the topic of the 2020 edition is “ Comparative Plasma Physics in the Universe". University students and young graduates have until 31 March 2020 to apply. Held annually since 1975 in...
8-th International Workshop on Numerical Modelling in Aerospace Sciences
NMAS 2020 20 - 21 May 2020, Bucharest, Romania Workshop will be held in Bucharest, at INCAS, B-dul Iuliu Maniu no. 220, sector 6 To the Participants: Professors, engineers, researchers and interested students are invited to participate in the 8th...