”Since I was a kid I have dreamed to fly. I was closing my eyes and felt like floating over mountains, valleys, discovering new worlds. The deep abyss and the infinite height have always fascinated me. Finally, I got to fly in space. Accomplished dreams are like a circle of light on the life tree, a beneficial irradiation. In the outer space, your familiar universe is no longer house, street, neighbours, but the home planet itself. The Earth, besides its physical dimension, which you may directly appreciate at its true value and grandeur, also has a moral dimension. From a cosmic flight you return more confident with yourself, more mature, closer to people and nature, with a more comprehensive vision on terrestrial phenomena and activities. Although you are not alone in the spacecraft, the loneliness up there is a strong feeling. You feel suddenly torn apart from your natural habitat, where you were born and raised.” (Dumitru-Dorin Prunariu)
- Born in the city of Brașov, Romania, on 27 September 1952.
- Graduated Liceul de Cultură Generală nr. 4 High School (currently the “Grigore Moisil” National College)
- In 1976 he graduated the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of the University Politehnica of Bucharest
- 1977-1978 joined Romanian Air Force and was selected for the astronauts training program.
- 1981, after years of training in the Stellar City, Lt. maj. Dumitru-Dorin Prunariu is selected as one of two members of the crew of the Soyuz 40 mission; the flight lasts for 8 days, and Dumitru-Dorin Prunariu is responsible for a series of scientific experiments; the spacecraft lands successfully in Kazakhstan.
- Romania was the 9th country in the world with an astronaut.
- After the mission, Dumitru Prunariu returned to Romanian Air Force, and in the same time served as lecturer at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering in Bucharest.
- In 1990 he was promoted in rank of colonel, on a one and a half years mission at the Ministry of Transport to serve as Deputy Minister of Transports and Head of Civil Aviation Department.
- In 1990, together with other experts in astronautics, he presented the project of the Romanian Space Agency to the Romanian Government.
- In 1991 he graduated the course for superior experts in the International Aviation Management Training Institute
- In 1999 he published his PhD thesis on Space Flight Dynamics.
- Between 1990-2000 he participated at the reform process of the Romanian education system.
- In 2004 he was Romania’s ambassador in the Russian Federation.
- He is the author of many publications and books on astronautics.
- He is an active member of the international scientific community.
Following the B.E.F. from 13.10.2021 it was approved the extension of the period for submitting the files for scholarships until 20.10.2021, at 16:00.
<< Guide for assigning homework for the 2021 diploma exam >> << Guide to allocate research topics 2021 >>
We inform you that any change of group, after the beginning of the academic year, creates problems in the Moodle course site and in the Teams website, leading to the loss of access to courses and seminars. That is why such changes will not be approved and will not be...
SpaceX and NASA are targeting Friday, April 23 for Falcon 9’s launch of Dragon’s second six-month operational crew mission (Crew-2) to the International Space Station (ISS) from historic Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida
<< SpaceX and NASA are targeting Friday, April 23 for Falcon 9’s launch of Dragon’s >>
PO privind acordarea burselor si a altor forme de sprijin material pentru studenti PO privind cazarea studentilor in camine PO privind circuitul documentelor PO privind completarea registrului matricol pentru ciclul de studii de licenta PO privind completarea...
<< The decision of the Senate regarding the organization of the examination session from the first semester of the academic year 2020-2021 >>
Carrying out teaching activities exclusively online for weeks 12, 13 and 14 of the academic year 2020-2021
<< Senate decision regarding the development of teaching activities exclusively online for weeks 12, 13 and 14 of the academic year 2020-2021 >>
<< Guide for assigning topics for the diploma exam >>
Considering that all the results of the verification have been announced, we are waiting until May 30, at 8 pm, on the faculty mail, proposals for data to reschedule these subjects (year 4, second semester) for week 01.06-05.06.2020. The proposal will contain the name...
On 27.05.2020 at 16:00 PhD candidate Stefan ANTON will defend his thesis with title "Proiectarea și construirea unor machete la o scară favorabilă pentru a verifica pe rând criteriile de similitudine în vederea obținerii unor coeficienți de corecție în proiectarea...